Federation of Derbyshire Special Schools (FDSS)
The ten special schools in Derbyshire, two special schools in Staffordshire and the Derbyshire Support Centres (PRUs) have formed a soft federation. The primary aim is to work towards developing strategic approaches to the long and short term challenges that affect Special Education providers in an ever changing local, regional and national landscape. We aim to work with an ethos that values collaborative thinking, resourcing and knowledge but still recognises and reflects the uniqueness of each school and the pupils and families we serve.
Simply, we want to improve the outcomes for all our pupils.
What will this look like in our schools?
- Headteachers will work collaboratively in order to offer supportive challenge.
How can we be better?
- Appropriate staff training tailored to our needs.
- Sharing of expertise and good practice.
- Better use of resources both educational and support services.
- Governors working collaboratively to understand their settings and drive improvement by sharing practice.
Matrix Teaching School Alliance
One of the FDSS schools - Swanwick School and Sports College, is the lead for the Matrix Teaching School Alliance (TSA).
The FDSS is part of the TSA and the aim is to work in partnership with Derby University to identify and support future teachers to work in special schools.
See the Matrix TSA website for more information.
Folders: 0 | Files: 0 | Size: 0 kb